The following are my Facebook pet peeves. You can agree or disagree, but it’s my opinion. Note: these are not in any specific order of dislike.
- PDA – we get it, you’re in love. But there’s no reason why you should share every feeling you have for each other every second for everyone to see. Just stick to texting-it’s a lot less gag-inducing.
- Constant negativity – I understand everyone has a bad day or needs a friend when they’re down, but Facebook isn’t your diary. What’s worse are the people that only have negative things to share. It gets a little exhausting having to read about every problem you have, plus it’s embarrassing.
- Random Facebook chats- I don’t really know you anymore, I haven’t seen you in years, and we were never really friends so why are you taking the time to talk to me now?
- The new “seen” app on chat- Sometimes I don’t feel like responding right away. This new application makes me feel like if I don’t respond, then I’m rude.
- “Liking” a newly single relationship status- Please consider at least one person in the previous relationship is hurting, so don’t make it harder by “liking” the newly single status. That’s just a jerk move.
- Horrible grammar and spelling- I’ll be the first to admit I’m not the best with grammar. English isn’t my first language, but at least I try. It bothers me more among Spanish speakers, but especially when people don’t make an effort to use readable language.
- Bikini “selfie” profile pictures- We get it, you look good in a bikini (some of you); but there is no reason why you need to stand in front of a mirror, and pose for a half-naked picture. It looks tacky, and says a lot about your character.
- Political arguments- I understand everyone has their own opinion; but instead of attacking each other we should respect everyone’s point of view. Please understand that Facebook isn’t the place to fight about politics.
- The ex- We all do it. I wish we could resist the temptation of stalking our exes. Actually, I wish the temptation wasn’t there in the first place. Facebook has ruined us in that manner.
- Tweets on Facebook- Save the tweeting for Twitter. That is why you have separate accounts. For those of us who follow you on both social media accounts, we feel you’re being repetitive and a little bit annoying.
Some of these arguments can be controversial, but it’s only my point of view. Anyone can agree or disagree with these points, I’m just being honest.